KCMUSA  

Today we will focus on God’s character. We can get an inkling to who is God when he gives us a vision. Visions have occurred many times in the bible. Samuel, Peter, Paul or John was given visions. But now I would like to focus on Moses vision of the burning bush since his story reveal a great deal about the character of God.

오늘은 하나님의 성품에 대해 말씀 드리고자 합니다. 하나님께서 우리에게 환상을 주실 때마다 우리는 하나님이 어떤 분이신지 조금이나마 알게 됩 니다. 성경말씀에 많은 환상이 나옵니다. 사무엘, 베드로, 바울 그리고 요한은 환상을 보았던 사람들입 니다. 그러나 저는 오늘 모세가 보았던 불붙는 떨기나무의 환상에 관해 말씀 드리고자 합니다. 모세의 이야기는 특히 하나님의 성품에 관해 많은 것을 알려주고 있기 때문입니다.

We read about Moses tending the sheep of his father-in-law. He probably had no inkling God will use him in any special way. And his life changed suddenly when he had a divine vision. He saw a burning bush, and the bush was not consumed. And Moses heard a voice. He was called by his name, “Moses, Moses.” And he answered, “Here I am.” And he heard the voice that called him to liberate Israel from slavery in Egypt.

우리는 모세가 장인의 양떼를 치고 있었다는 구절을 읽었습니다. 모세는 그때까지만 해도 하나님께서 그를 특별하게 쓰실 것이라곤 전혀 생각하고 있 지도 못했을 것입니다. 거룩한 환상을 보고 난 후에 그의 삶은 갑자기 바뀌어 버렸습니다. 모세는 음성 을 들었습니다. “모세야, 모세야.”라고 그의 이름을 부르는 소리를 들었습니다. 그는 대답했습니다. “내 가 여기 있나이다.” 그리고 그는 애굽 땅에서 이스라엘 백성을 구원해내라는 하나님의 음성을 들었습니다.

A religious vision like Moses changes us forever-and it confuses us. Indeed, when we read about prophets that received visions, they were momentarily confused. Looking to the prophet Daniel’s confusion in chapters 7 and 8, the Lord responded to much needed clarity. God send an angel named Gabriel to Daniel to clear up the confusion. We read about Peter’s confusion over God’s vision in Acts 10 and God’s immediate response when the Roman soldier Cornelius called on Peter’s house.

모세가 본 종교적인 환상은 때론 우리의 삶을 송두리째 바꾸어 놓기도 합니다. 그리고 혼란을 주기도 합니다. 환상을 본 예언자들이 잠깐 혼란스러워 했다는 이야기를 우리는 성경에서 종종 접하기도 합니다. 다니엘서 7장 8장을 보십시오. 다니엘은 혼란스러 워했으나 주님께서 필요한 만큼 명확히 그에게 응답해 주십니다. 하나님은 다니엘에게 가브리엘이라는 천사를 보내주시어 그가 혼란스러워 했던 부분을 명확하게 알려 주십니다. 우리는 사도행전 10장에서 베드로가 환상을 본 후 혼란스러워 했던 이야기를 접할 수 있습니다. 로마군대의 백부장인 고넬료가 베 드로의 집을 찾아왔을 때 하나님께서는 즉각적으로 응답해주십니다.

Part of the reason why explaining visions will remain a mystery is because we do know how to implement it. Divine visions are so disorientating. We want to follow it but we cannot see the whole picture. We only see a little part of the picture-only God can see the whole picture. How can words from God be implemented into action? This is what Moses asked.

환상에 뒤따르는 해석이 미스터리로 남게 되는 이유 중 하나는 대체로 우리는 그 환상이 어떻게 이루어 질지에 대해 잘 모르기 때문입니다. 거룩한 환상은 우리에게 혼란스러움을 안겨 주기 마련입니다. 우리는 그 환상을 따 르고 싶지만 전체의 그림을 볼 수 없다는 어려움이 있습니다. 우리가 보는 것은 하나님께서 보시는 전 체 그림의 일부에 불과합니다. 어떻게 하나님께서 하신 말씀이 실행에 옮겨질 수 있나요? 이것이 바로 모세가 물었던 질문이었습니다.

Moses said to God, “If I go to the Israelites and tell them that the God of their forefathers had sent me to them, and they ask me his name, what shall I say?” And God answered, “‘I am.’ That is who I am. Tell them that ‘I am’ has sent you to them.” God’s name, God’s mission, God’s faithfulness, God’s uniqueness, these are the points I would like to concentrate for the rest of my sermon.

모세는 하나님께 “제가 이스라엘 백성에게 가서 그들에게 ‘너희 조상의 하나님께 서 나를 보내셨다’라고 말했을 때, 그들이 그 하나님의 이름이 무엇이냐?라고 물으면 어떻게 대답해야 합니까?”라고 물었습니다. 하나님께서 모세에게 말씀하셨습니다. “나는 스스로 있는 자이다. 너는 이스 라엘 백성에게 가서 그들에게 ‘스스로 있는 분이 나를 너희에게 보내셨다’ 라고 말하여라. 하나님의 이 름, 하나님의 사역, 하나님의 신실함, 하나님의 유일무이함,, 바로 이것이 제가 오늘 여러분께 말씀 드리 고자 하는 것입니다.

God’s name, “I am.” According to the old Hebrew grammar, that means, “I am the one I am, and I was the one I was. I will be the one I will be. ” Now, what shall we do with this kind of name? Should that be our question?

하나님의 이름 “스스로 있는 자” 히브리어 문법에서 살펴보면 그 의미는 바로 현재에도 있고 이전에도 있었고 이후에도 있는 자를 뜻합니다. 바로 이 이름으로 저희 는 무엇을 할 수 있을까요? 이것이 우리의 질문이 되어야 하지 않을까요?

Words about God are so so almost philosophical. Adonai, is used to pronounce wherever the name of God is written in the Holy Scriptures. It has been translated to “The Lord, Kyrios, Dominus. ” All of them sound masculine, but in Israel the name of God in no way implies any gender determination. God is neuter.

하나님을 묘사하고 있는 단어는 매우 추상적이며 철학적입니 다. 성경말씀에 하나님의 이름이 적힐 때마다 아도나이라고 발음되도록 되어 있습니다. 이 단어는 “주님, Kyrios, Dominus”라고 번역되어 왔습니다. 남성형 명사처럼 느껴지지만 이스라엘에서 하나님의 이름은 어떤 성도 나타내지 않고 있습니다. 하나님은 중성입니다.

The Eternal, the One Who Was, the One Who Is, the One Who Will Be, he sends Moses to release the people of Israel from slavery in Egypt and to lead them into the Promised Land, in the land of freedom. God is no abstract being, no supernatural creature, no philosophical principle. He is the Liberator. He is one who directs the history of freedom. That’s God’s mission. God sends people who are committed to the cause of freedom-from this world. God wants to have peace, joy and happiness every day. That’s what he wants, that is what he did for us, what he does, what he will do.

영원하시고 이전에도 계셨고 지금도 계시고 이후에도 계실 분 께서 이집트의 노예로 있던 이스라엘 백성을 해방시켜 약속의 땅, 자유의 땅으로 인도하기 위해 모세를 보내셨습니다. 하나님은 추상적인 존재가 아닙니다. 더 이상 초자연적인 대상이거나 철학적 원리 속에 있는 분이 아니신 것입니다. 하나님은 해방자이십니다. 하나님은 바로 자유의 역사를 쓰신 분이십니다. 이것이 바로 하나님의 사역입니다. 하나님은 세상 사람들에게 자유를 줄 사람을 보내고 계십니다. 하나 님은 언제나 평화와 기쁨, 행복을 원하십니다. 이것이 바로 하나님께서 원하시는 것이며 우리에게 이전 에 이미 하셨고 지금도 하시고 계시며 그가 앞으로 우리에게 행할 일이기도 합니다.

He does not show himself as an eternal being but as the one who is eternally faithful and reliable, the God of the forefathers, says the old traditional Israel. He has called Abraham from among a nameless mass of scattered people afflicted by the confusion of tongues, from among those who have built a Tower of Babel. God begins a history with Abraham, a history of faithfulness, a history to which he commits himself. And he called the people of Israel out of Egypt out of slavery and gave them a good order preserving life to Israel, offering his sign to all other nations. The commandments given to Israel are steps into the freedom.

하나님은 영원한 존재로서 그 자신을 우리에게 직접 나타내시지는 않으셨지만 영원히 신실하며 신뢰할 수 있는 자로서 우리에게 다가오셨습니다. 이스라엘 선조의 하나님으로서, 하나님은 바벨탑을 쌓았던 사 람들,, 그래서 언어가 갈라져 고생하고 있던 이름 모를 사람들 가운데 아브라함을 부르셨습니다. 하나님
은 아브라함을 통해 믿음의 역사를 써나가기 시작하셨습니다. 바로 하나님께서 자신을 다 바친 역사를 말입니다. 하나님은 이집트에서 노예생활 하던 이스라엘 백성을 불러 구원하셨고 보장된 삶을 이스라엘 백성에게 허락해 주셨습니다. 다른 나라에 그분의 역사를 드러내시면서 말입니다. 이스라엘 백성에게 주 어졌던 계명은 자유로 들어서는 관문이었던 것입니다.

I am the Lord your God. I am the Eternal. I am the Liberator from slavery in Egypt. You do not need other gods like money, fame or comfortable life. We should keep God’s day holy, God gave us a day of rest. It is a free gift from God. Let’s not abuse it by doing work for our bosses. Let us pray all day in churches for empowerment in God’s love, his Holy Spirit. All day Sunday worship will strengthen us to keep the commandments that God has given us to grow in Christ. We also have the commandments concerning the protection of life, of marriage, the protection of property and of honor. The living conditions of our fellow human beings are not to be jeopardized, as the life of all mankind would be put in danger.

나는 너의 주 하나님이다. 나는 영원한 존재이다. 나는 이집트의 노예 생활하던 너희를 구원한자로다. 너희는 안락 한 삶이나 명예나 돈과 같은 다른 신은 필요치 않다. 우리는 하나님의 날을 거룩하게 지켜야 합니다. 하나님은 우리에게 안식일을 주셨습니다. 이 날은 하나님께서 주신 자유의 선물입니다. 일을 함으로써 안식을 어기는 죄를 범하지 맙시다. 하나님의 사랑 안에서 성령님의 능력이 충만! 하게 임하도록 기도 합시다. 하루 종일 주일날 하나님께 드리는 예배는 주님 안에서 우리가 영적으로 성장해 나가도록 하는 말씀을 지킬 수 있는 힘을 줍니다. 말씀은 우리의 삶과 결혼생활, 소유와 명예를 지켜 줍니다. 인류의 삶이 곤경에 처할 때에도 믿는 자의 삶은 위험에 빠지지 않습니다.

In the meantime, we are about to discover, as the observers of God’s commandments, is the way of being responsible for the future. The point is not to waste, not to squander. We have to make arrangements to avoid that the consequences of our deeds destroy us and the future of all children. Knowing God is knowing our vision better. The road to the future lies in our relationship with God and us.

동시에 우리는 하나님의 말씀을 살피는 자로서 많은 것을 발견할 수 있게 됩니다. 이는 또한 미래에 대해 책임을 가질 수 있게 되는 것입니다. 요점은 시간을 낭비하거나 허비해서는 안 된다는 것입니다. 우리의 욕망이 우리 자신과 자녀들의 미래를 망치게 두어서는 안됩니 다. 하나님을 잘 아는 것이 우리의 비전을 더 잘 아는 길입니다. 우리의 미래는 하나님과의 관계가 어떠 하냐에 달려 있는 것입니다.

“I will lead you out of slavery. ” This was the message announced by the voice that came out of the Burning Bush, out of Egypt. Freedom. Joy. Happiness. God only wants the best for us. That is God’s way. This is the way Israel experienced God’s action. This gives strength to the people of Israel despite all the sufferings they had to go through in history. They tell us that they have been guided through the desert by two signs of God. During the day they saw the cloud. During the night they saw a glow of fire—both symbols of the presence of God.

“나는 너희를 노예생활에서 구해 주겠다.” 불붙는 떨기나무에서 들려왔던 하나님의 메시지였습니다. 출 애굽, 자유, 기쁨, 행복 하나님은 우리에게 최선의 것을 마련해 주십니다. 이것이 하나님의 방법입니다. 이것이 바로 이스라엘백성들이 하나님을 경험했던 방법입니다. 이 사실은 그들에게 힘을 줍니다. 그들이 많은 고통을 당했음에도 불구하고 말입니다. 그들은 광야를 지나면서 하나님의 두 가지 징표와 함께 인 도함을 받았었습니다. 낮에는 구름기둥을 보았습니다. 밤에는 불기둥을 보았습니다. 이 두 가지 모두는 하나님의 임재하심의 상징물이었습니다.

In regard to our future, you often don’t see such signs. But we have been given the promise that we are guided. The signs for us are the Word of God, and the sacrament of the living Christ. God is not absent from our present sorrows and he will never leave us as orphans.

미래를 생각할 때 종종 우리는 이런 징표가 보이지 않을 때도 있습니다. 그러나 우리는 인도함을 받고 있다는 약속을 받은 자들입니다. 약속의 징표는 바로 말씀이며 살아계신 그리스도의 성찬입니다. 하나님은 우리가 고통 받을 때 우리와 함께 계시며 우리를 고아처럼 버려 두지 않으십니다.

We look forward to a bright and rosy future. We have this hope since we know God is on our side. He gives us the spirit of courage that enables us to cope with changes. He gives us the spirit of patience to wait for God’s time schedule to come to fruition.

우리는 장미빛 미래를 기대 합니다. 하나님께서 우리의 편이 되심을 알기에 우리는 소망을 가지고 삽니다. 하나님께서는 우리가 도 전에 맞설 수 있도록 용기를 불어넣어 주십니다. 하나님께서는 하나님의 뜻이 이루어지는 시간을 기다 릴 수 있도록 우리를 도와 주십니다.

Let us not worry about tomorrow. Let’s focus only on today. We don’t have any good reason to worry. Because God loves us. He’ll take care of us. Our Living God is the Eternal one. “No other gods are needed.” He is all sufficient.

내일을 걱정하지 맙시다. 오늘에 초점을 맞춥시다. 염려해서 좋을 이유는 하나도 없습니다. 하나님께서는 우리를 사랑하십니다. 하나님께서 우리를 돌봐 주실 것입니다. 살아계신 하나님은 바로 영원하신 분이십니다. “다른 신은 필요하지 않습니다.” 그 분 한 분이면 충분합니다.

What kind of God is that we are talking about? How can we honestly speak about God today? And what is the influence of God’s character on our lives? The people of Israel might have experienced the God of salvation, but the cavalry of the Pharaoh was destroyed. So, isn’t it just a fate after all? Are these mere assumptions by the survivors? For sure, we could also construct a deity that can’t be explained. But what effect would such a God have on us? Fear or fatalism or perhaps a sort of satisfaction if we are better off than others?

우리가 말하고 있는 하나님은 어떤 분이십니까? 오늘날 하나님에 대해 솔직히 우리는 어떻게 말할 수 있습니까? 우리 삶에 하나님의 성품은 어떤 영향을 미치고 있습니까? 이스라엘 백성들은 하나님의 구원을 경험했지만 바로의 군대는 전멸되었습니다. 우리의 삶도 결국엔 이렇게 될 라고 생각하지 않습니까? 구원자가 우리에게 베 풀 간단명료한 결과이지 않습니까? 물론 우리는 설명하기 힘든 신을 나름대로 만들어낼 수 있을는지도 모릅니다. 그런 하나님이 우리에게 어떤 영향을 줄 수 있을까요? 두려움 또는 운명론 또는 아마 다른사람보다 우리의 생각이 낫다면 나름의 만족감을 느낄는지도 모릅니다.

A lot of people do away with all speculations about God. They are uncertain or even quite certain that all ideas of gods are useless. But doing away with this question means to repress it, and other gods soon take the place of the repressed God. According to Martin Luther there are people who think they have God and enough of all things if they have money and goods. These people rely on this and are so proud of it and self-assured that they won’t listen to others. Look, says Martin Luther, these people have their god, too, who is called mammon.

많은 사람들이 하나님에 대해 깊이 생각하기를 꺼립니다. 그들은 신에 대한 생각은 불필요하다고 확신 해 버리거나 애매모호한 입장을 취해 버립니다. 질문을 회피해 버린다는 것은 그것을 억압해 버린다는 것을 뜻합니다. 맘 속에서 하나님을 밀어낸 자리에 이내 다른 신들이 들어오게 됩니다. 마틴 루터 킹은 다음과 같이 말했습니다. “돈과 재물이 있을 때 그들이 하나님과 모든 것을 가졌다고 생각하는 사람들이 있다. 이런 사람들은 재물에 의지하는 사람들이며 그것을 자랑스러워하고 자기확신에 차 다른 사람의 말에는 귀 기울지 않는 자들이다. 이들 또한 그들의 신을 가지고 있다. 그것은 바로 마몬 신 즉 부의 신이다.”

Of course, people today don’t literally dance around the golden calf. But if people chase after money beyond their means, isn’t that idolatry? If people keep circling around themselves and risk to drown in their own problems and misery, if they are addicted to pills and to alcohol, isn’t it idolatry?
I will be the one I will be. This is God’s name. Now called comfort, hope has its root in God’s will to liberate, to set free. The signals are clear to see. More and more people refuse to follow the gods of destiny of what is called “modern. ” Today let us turn to God in prayer and repentance.

물론, 오늘날의 사람들이 황금송아지 주변에서 춤을 추거나 그러지는 않습니다. 그러나 사람들이 다른 수단 너머에 있는 재물만을 쫓으며 산다면 이것이 우상숭배가 아니겠습니까? 나는 스 스로 존재하는 자니라. 이것이 하나님의 이름입니다. 보장된 삶과 소망에 대한 부르심은 바로 우리를 자유케 하시고자 하는 하나님의 뜻에 뿌리를 두고 있습니다. 그 징표는 너무나 분명합니다. 점점 더 많 은 사람들이 “현대”라고 불리는 우상이 준 운명에 따르기를 거절합니다. 기도하며 회개함으로써 하나 님께 돌아갑시다.

We as Christians are joined together beyond the borders of countries and the limits of confessions. For us, Jesus of Nazareth is the final guarantee for God’s faithfulness. Confidence and love: these are the guidelines for our path. This is the name we honor. Together we praise God who sets us free. We are united in the understanding of the message of God’s love for us.

그리스도인으로서 우리는 국경을 넘어 교화를 넘어 하나입니다. 나사렛 예수 그 리스도는 하나님의 신실하심을 보여주는 최후의 보루입니다. 확신과 사랑, 바로 이것이 우리 길의 이정 표입니다. 우리가 존경해야 할 이름입니다. 우리를 자유케 하신 하나님을 찬양합시다. 우리를 향한 하나 님의 사랑의 메시지를 이해함으로써 하나가 됩시다.

We acknowledge that we need each other for mutual support and as a sign of the plenitude of God’s gift. The body of Christ needs members who praise God’s name united and together. And so let us pray for peace with the interceding Spirit of God.

하나님의 선물이 풍성해지도록 서로의 필요를 돌아보고 격려해 나가야 합니다. 예수님의 몸은 하나님의 이름을 하나되어 찬양하는 구 성원을 필요로 합니다. 중보하시는 하나님과 더불어 평화를 위해 기도합시다.

After sermon prayer:
God, from whom all good things come and proceed, give us the peace, which the world cannot give. Let us obey your commandments through Jesus Christ our Savior.

모든 선한 일을 행하시는 하나님 저희에게 세상이 줄 수 없는 평안을 허락해 주옵소서. 주 예수 그리스 도, 우리의 구원자로 말미암아 주의 말씀에 순종케 하옵소서.

The peace of Christ be with you. Amen.

예수 그리스도의 평안이 우리와 함께하길 원하옵나이다. 아멘.